I ❤︎ CAFE | 5 tips to find the best cafe

Hi peeps, how's life? Most people back to school in September and I am having my mid semester break now. Today, I'm gonna share 5 ...

Hi peeps, how's life? Most people back to school in September and I am having my mid semester break now. Today, I'm gonna share 5 tips to find the best cafe! I had been cafe hunting in Brisbane a lot, and I am quite proud of myself that so far the cafes I went never disappoint me:P So I wanna share my experience and the way I found cafes. If you are looking for cafes and restaurants, keep on reading!

1. Follow foodie Instragram
Instragram probably is the best tool to search cafes, rather than Google. People's experience and photos of that particular cafe are more reliable than online photos. Following foodie Instragram account is the most effective and direct way to keep update your cafes-to-go list. Brissy foodie accounts that I recommend: bnecafes, thefoodieclub_brisbane, eatanddobrisbane

2. Check the cafes' Instragram (include geo tag, hashtag and people's photos)
After you found the cafe, check their Instragam! It is really important that their feed attract you and make you wanna visit. Also, don't forget to check people's photos of that cafe. This will give you a precise and real expectations. If the cafe do not have a Instragram account, check the geo tag/ location, so you may find photos took in there.

3. Check their menu and compare it with people's photo
Then check the menu and price in their website. Let's be real, we don't like to pay so much on a piece of bread or coffee. If you have a budget, remember to check the price. Also, compare people's photos and the menu, so you could have an expectation and know what to eat before ordering.

4. Visit UrbanSpoon or Zomato
If the cafe do not have any social media and website, check UrbanSpoon/ Zomato. They are the Australian version of Open Rice. They provide details of all restaurants, bars and cafes, includes menu, reviews, opening time and photos...They also recommend restaurants around your searches, so you can have more choices and comparisons.
Link: https://www.zomato.com/

5. Find the right person to go with!
You can't enjoy the BEST cafe without the perfect person and timing! No matter how nice that coffee is, you need a friend to talk with and spend the relaxing morning together. Message or ring a friend that you haven't meet them for a while to cafe hunt this weekend!

Pablo 
This is my experience of searching a cafe in New Farm, as me and my friends wanna visit new farm. There's many cafes around there. After searching tons of foodie accounts in Instragram and check the menu in Zomato, I found Pablo. I quite like the food, but they don't have a lot of seats, so you may have to wait a while, especially during weekends.

Ricotta hotcakes (AUD$17) 
Many people have tried this and post on Instragram, so we decided to give a try. I like how it is sweet and sour with lots of berries! With a scope of vanilla ice cream, it's delicious sweet dish.
Button Mushroom & Potato Hash (AUD$18) 
This savoury dish had some mushrooms, potatoes and tomatoes, with some cheese to dip with. It's quite filling, but it would be perfect to have a piece of sourdough or bread to pair with.
Address: 839 Brunswick Street, New Farm

I hope you like my sharing and these 5 tips can help you to find the best cafe and create a cafe-to-go list. Enjoy the food, the people and chill!

Also, I had launched my artwork portfolio, Finally! Click here to check out and support! ❤︎
Check out my latest BTS lookbook:
SEE YOU,
cherry xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Video

Flickr Images